Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hail The Champions

Last 48 hours witnessed 2 major sporting phenomenas which would leave an everlasting impact on the history of sports-kind , probably the most amazing 2 day run world of sport would ever see !

2 days, 2 personalities , 2 countries, 2 sports, both champions , both Asians, both the biggest draw in their respective nation and now worldwide yet both extremely down to earth , humble personalities ! No doubt before itself both were ruling their own worlds but in last 48 hours they stamped their command with such an authority that not even in dream a mortal can question their God status anymore. People, please bow to the King and Queen of the Sports arena - Sachin Tendulkar and Kim Yu-Na.

Sachin 200 Tendulkar - All said and done, I dont think I am good enough to praise his devotion, talent and humbleness. He is the GOD, if there is someone who can bring smile to billions of people in one go, its him. The 200 not out was the final nail . So much is already written and said about him that I really am short of words now. Let the King rule , I wish ..he rule for Ever.

Hold your breath , here comes supreme combination of skills, sensuality, flexibility and poise - Queen of Figure Skating : Kim Yu-Na. She is THE ONE ! This beautiful South Korean youngster had left no stone un-turn in figure skating. Never ever the world has seen such an immaculate , faultless performance on ice. May be, never again, unless the Queen decide to outdo herself. Such was the dominance of her performance that the second best appeared miles apart. Brilliant performance took her point tally to the level where she was standing on double the heap of 6th -7th position in the list. First it was short dance and now the main event, I have to admit, I am still awestruck.

Lets devote some more time to the Queen. She is the biggest celebrity in South Korea be it in terms of professionalism, popularity , money or expectation. She moved to Canada to train for Gold. Wrote a book of short essays describing the pressure on her to win to Gold , her fear of failing to do so and its repercussion. If I fail , not only that I would not see myself again but millions of my countrymen would also may turn their backs.. Their hopes, my hopes lie on me ! Guess what, she lets none down ! Rather ,everyone was up on their seats to applaud and pay their homage to her scintillating performance, Even I was.. Standing ovation is the least she deserve. Pressure , some says it breaks down but champions are different - They thrive best under it. Who else knows it better than Sachin ? Sachhu, here is someone who is standing as tall as you today.. Kim Yu-Na

We can never imagine the burden of entire nation's expectation on our shoulders ! We cannot, we are mortals.. I am still in a high ! Finding it really hard to word down my expressions for these two legends. All I can say is Long Live The King & Long Live The Queen !



No comments:

Post a Comment